How Do I Receive Christ?
The Bible says there is only one way to Heaven.
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." (John 14:6)
Good works cannot save you.
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God not by works, so that no one can boast.
Trust Jesus Christ today! Here's what you must do:
1. Admit you are a sinner.
For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God; (Romans 3:23)
Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people, because all sinned: (Romans 5:12)
If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us. (1 John 1:10)
2. Be willing to turn from sin (repent).
I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish. (Luke 13:5)
In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent. (Acts 17:30)
3. Believe that Jesus Christ died for you, was buried, and rose from the dead.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. (John 3:16)
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. (Romans 5:8)
If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
4. Through prayer, invite Jesus into your life to become your personal Savior.
For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. (Romans 10:10)
For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. (Romans 10:13)
What to pray:
Dear God, I am a sinner and need forgiveness. I believe that Jesus Christ shed His precious blood and died for my sin. I am willing to turn from sin. I now invite Christ to come into my heart and life as my personal Savior.
Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God: (John 1:12)
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! (2 Corinthians 5:17)
The Next Step
If you have received Jesus Christ as your Savior, as a Christian you should:
1. Read your Bible every day to get to know Christ better.
Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.
(2 Timothy 2:15)
Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path. (Psalms 119:105)
2. Talk to God in prayer every day.
If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer. (Matthew 21:22)
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. (Philippians 4:6)
3. Be baptized, worship, fellowship, and serve with other Christians in a church where Christ is preached and the Bible is the final authority.
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit: (Matthew 28:19)
Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: (2 Timothy 3:16)
4. Tell others about Christ.
He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation." (Mark 16:15)
For when I preach the gospel, I cannot boast, since I am compelled to preach. Woe to me if I do not preach the gospel! (1 Corinthians 9:16)
For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of Godthat brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.
Let us know your decision by emailing Charlotte
or call her at 787.2133 and then a pastor will be glad to visit with you.
How Do I Join NTBC?
1. Accept Jesus Christ into your life as your personal Lord and Savior.
2. If you have already made that decision, but have not been baptized by immersion, then be baptized here.
3. If you are already a Christian and already baptized by immersion, then you can join this fellowship by statement.
4. If you are already a member of a Southern Baptist church, you can join us by letter.
Remember, you don’t have to be a member here to participate in the ministries our fellowship offers. You are always welcome.
If You Want More Information
There are several ways to get more information about NTBC or any of its ministries:
1. Check out the information our website.
2. Attend one of our Discover NTBC fellowships. Watch the bulletin and other publications for the date and let the office know if you can attend.
3. Of course, you can always call the Church Office at (803)787-2133, and one of our staff will gladly answer any questions you have.
Ask ushers for details on our enhancement system.